2016 WRITTEN TEST FOR LIEUTENANT
HOUSTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
WHAT WE DO IN THE WORKSHOP
* You will take four, original and challenging tests averaging 100 questions.
There will be two tests in class, and two take-home tests that will be
e-mailed to you.
* Each test will contain questions exclusively from the source material,
including GO Updates, in the Official Book List announced for this exam.
* After you take each exam in class, an answer key will be provided with
the correct answer for each question and the exact section or page reference
in your study materials. For security reasons, practice tests will be
collected in class and distributed for you to keep at the end of the workshop.
* Tests will cover the relevant material in the Book List that is keyed
to the knowledge you need to have.
* We will provide a handout and discuss study techniques and test taking
* We will go over the tests in class and discuss why we wrote each question,
as well as content in the source material related to the test questions.
* We will provide you with a handout on Assessment Center Preparation,
focusing on the procedures to be used by the official test vendor.
* Get regular feedback on the progress of your studying.
* Identify your weaknesses before the official test.
* Find out what testing experts, with more than 30 years experience writing
police and fire exams, think you need to know.
* Read the source material with greater focus and see questions in the
material you didn't see before.
* Practice taking tests under realistic test conditions.
* We have been conducting test preparation workshops with Houston Firefighters
since 1997 and Houston Police Officers since 2005.
* One or two points can make the difference between being promoted
or not, or between being promoted this year or next year.
* Until you pass the written test, it has 100% of the weight.
* Earn back the workshop fee when you get your first Lieutenant's paycheck.
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE and FEE
The Lieutenant's Workshop will contain four tests. Tests 1, and 3 will
be administered at Houston's First Baptist Church (Room 257/258),
7401 Katy Freeway, just west of the 610 West Loop. Tests 2 and
4 will be e-mailed to you.
Participants will attend one of the two sessions held for each
of the on-site tests:
Test 1: Thursday, September 22, 6:00-9:00 pm
OR: Friday, September 23, 8:00-11:00 am
Test 2: E-mail, Friday, September 30.
Test 3: Thursday, October 6, 6:00-9:00 pm
OR: Friday, October 7, 8:00-11:00 am
Test 4: E-mail,
Monday, October 17
FEE: The workshop
fee is $359. (The fee for early registration, no later than Monday, September
19, is $329.) You can pay the full amount with VISA or MasterCard with
registration, or pay a $100 deposit with registration and the balance
due at the first class.
There is NO ONLINE REGISTRATION
begins Tuesday, September 13
call with questions or to register
© 2016 Allwrite-Testing
Denver, Colorado All rights reserved.