2018 WRITTEN TEST FOR SERGEANT
HOUSTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
WHAT WE DO IN THE WORKSHOP
* You will take four, original and challenging practice tests averaging
100 questions. There will be two tests in class, and two take-home tests
that will be e-mailed to you.
* Practice tests will contain questions exclusively from the source material
in the Official Book List announced for this exam, including the General
* We will go over the tests in class and discuss why we wrote each question,
as well as content in the source material related to the questions in
the practice tests.
* Tests will cover the relevant material in the Book List that is keyed
to the knowledge you need to have.
* We will provide a handout and discuss study techniques and test taking
* After you take each exam in class, an answer key will be provided with
the correct answer for each question and the exact section or page reference
in your study materials. Practice tests will be collected in class and
distributed for you to keep at the end of the workshop.
* We will discuss Assessment Center strategies and tips.
* Get regular feedback on the progress of your studying.
* Identify your weaknesses before the official test.
* Find out what testing experts, with more than 30 years experience writing
police and fire exams, think you need to know.
* Read the source material with greater focus and see questions in the
material you didn't see before.
* Practice taking tests under realistic test conditions.
* One or two points can make the difference between being promoted
or not, or between being promoted this year or next year.
* Until you pass the written test, it has 100% of the weight.
* Earn back the workshop fee when you get your first Sergeant's paycheck.
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE and FEE
The Sergeant's Workshop will contain four tests. Tests 1 and 3 will
be administered at the International Brotherhood
of Electrical Workers, 1475 N Loop W Fwy., at Ella Blvd. Tests
2 and 4 will be e-mailed to you.
Participants will attend one of the two sessions held for each of the
following on-site tests:
Test One: Wednesday, August 8, 6:00-9:00 pm OR Thursday, August 9, 8:00-11:00
Test Two: Email,
Test Three: Wednesday,
August 29, 8:00-11:00 am OR 6:00-9:00 pm
Test Four: Email,
workshop fee is $359. The fee for early registration is $329. Register
no later than August 4 for the reduced fee.
Feel free to write or call with any questions: email@example.com or
There is NO ONLINE REGISTRATION
Please call to register
© 2018 Allwrite-Testing Denver, Colorado
All rights reserved.