TEST PREPARATION WORKSHOP
2016 WRITTEN TEST FOR SERGEANT
HOUSTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
WHAT WE DO IN THE WORKSHOP
* You will take four, original
and challenging pracitce tests averaging 100 questions. There will be
three tests in class, and one take-home test that will be e-mailed to
* Practice tests will contain questions exclusively from the source material
in the Official Book List announced for this exam, including the General
* Test 1 will have an emphasis on the General
Orders. Later tests will place more emphasis on the textbook, after participants
have had the opportunity to spend more time with the text. There will
be some questions from the Task Force Report and textbook on the first
practice test in order to give you an idea of what to look for in those
* We will go over the tests in class, question-by-question, and discuss
why we wrote each question, as well as content in the source material
related to the questions in the practice tests.
* Tests will cover the relevant material in the Book List that is keyed
to the knowledge you need to have.
* We will provide a handout and discuss study techniques and test taking
* After you take each exam in class, an answer key will be provided with
the correct answer for each question and the exact section or page reference
in your study materials. Practice tests will be collected in class and
distributed for you to keep at the end of the workshop.
* We will discuss Assessment Center strategies and tips.
* Get regular feedback on the
progress of your studying.
* Identify your weaknesses before the official test.
* Find out what testing experts, with more than 30 years experience writing
police and fire exams, think you need to know.
* Read the source material with greater focus and see questions in the
material you didn't see before.
* Practice taking tests under realistic test conditions.
* One or two points can make the difference between being promoted or
not, or between being promoted this year or next year.
* Until you pass the written test, it has 100% of the weight.
* Earn back the workshop fee when you get your first Sergeant's paycheck.
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE and FEE
The Sergeant's Workshop will
contain four tests. Tests 1, 2 and 4 will be administered at the International
Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, 1475 N Loop W Fwy., at Ella Blvd. Test
3 will be e-mailed to you.
Participants will attend one of the two sessions held for each
of the following tests:
Test One: Thursday, August 4, 6:00-9:00 pm OR Friday,
August 5, 8:00-11:00 am
Test Two: Monday,
August 15, 6:00-9:00 pm OR Tuesday, August 16, 8:00-11:00 am
Test Three: Email,
Week of August 22.
Test Four: Wednesday,
August 31, 6:00-9:00 pm OR Thursday, Sept. 1, 7:30-11:00 am
The workshop fee is $349.
The fee for early registration is $319. Register no later than August
1 for the reduced fee.
Feel free to write or call
with any questions: email@example.com or 303-322-6890
back here soon to take a 20-Question Sample Test
There is NO ONLINE REGISTRATION
Please call to register303-322-6890
© 2016 Allwrite-Testing Denver, Colorado
All rights reserved.