Test Preparation Workshop for
Detective - 2018
Los Angeles Police Department
will be conducting a written
test preparation workshop for the May 19 Detective's Test.
WHAT WE DO IN THE WORKSHOP
* You will take four, original
and challenging tests . There will be two tests in class, and two take-home
tests that will be given via the Internet.
* Each test will contain questions exclusively from the source material
in the Official Bibliography announced for this exam.
* After you take each exam in class, an answer key will be provided with
the correct answer for each question and the exact section or page reference
in your study materials. Practice tests will be collected in class
and distributed for you to keep at the end of the workshop.
*With the answer key and notes you take in class, you will go home and
research the material you missed on the test.
* Tests will cover the relevant material in the Bibliography that focuses
on the knowledge you need to have.
* We will provide a handout and discuss study techniques and test-taking
* Tests will include "math" problems similar to those on recent
* We will go over the tests in class and discuss why we wrote each question,
as well as content in the source material related to the test questions.
* You will prepare one Essay and be given feedback on content and writing
* Get regular feedback on the
progress of your studying.
* Identify your weaknesses before the official test and turn them into
* Find out what testing experts, with more than 30 years experience
(including 15 years of LAPD workshops), think you need to know.
* Read the source material with greater focus and see questions in the
material you didn't see before.
* Practice taking tests under realistic test conditions.
* One or two points on this test can make the difference between being
promoted or not.
* Earn back the workshop fee when you get your first Detective's paycheck.
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE and FEE
The Detective's Workshop will
contain four tests averaging 100 questions. Test 1 and Test 3 will be
administered at the Burbank Holiday Inn Media Center, 150 E. Angeleno
Ave., Grand Ballroom, Main Floor. Tests 2 and 4 will be given over the
Participants will attend one of the two sessions held for each of the
Test 1: Tuesday, April 17,
8:00-11:00 a.m. OR 6:00-9:00 p.m. (at Holiday Inn)
Test 2: Internet, Wednesday, May 2
Test 3: Tuesday, May 8, 8:00-11:00 a.m. OR 6:00-9:00 p.m. (at Holiday
Test 4: Internet, Monday, May 14
The workshop fee is
$399. The fee for early registration (no later than April 14) is $369.
You may pay in full with VISA or MasterCard when you call to register,
or make a $100 deposit with your credit card and pay the balance at the
IS NO ONLINE REGISGRATION
Call to register or if you have questions:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-322-6890
Check Here Soon for a 20-Question Sample Test
© 2000-2018 Allwrite-Testing
Denver, Colorado All rights reserved.