Test Preparation Workshop for
Detective - 2016
Los Angeles Police Department
WHAT WE DO IN THE WORKSHOP
* You will take four, original
and challenging tests . There will be three tests in class, and one take-home
test that will be given via the Internet.
* Each test will contain questions exclusively from the source material
in the Official Bibliography announced for this exam.
* After you take each exam in class, an answer key will be provided with
the correct answer for each question and the exact section or page reference
in your study materials. Practice tests will be collected in class and
distributed for you to keep at the end of the workshop.
*With the answer key and notes you take in class, you will go home and
research the material you missed on the test.
* Tests will cover the relevant material in the Bibliography that focuses
on the knowledge you need to have.
* We will provide a handout and discuss study techniques and test-taking
* Tests will include "math" problems similar to those on recent
* We will go over the tests in class and discuss why we wrote each question,
as well as content in the source material related to the test questions.
* You will prepare one Essay and be given feedback on content and writing
* Get regular feedback on the
progress of your studying.
* Identify your weaknesses before the official test and turn them into
* Find out what testing experts, with more than 30 years experience (including
more than 12 years of LAPD workshops), think you need to know.
* Read the source material with greater focus and see questions in the
material you didn't see before.
* Practice taking tests under realistic test conditions.
* One or two points on this test can make the difference between being
promoted or not, or between being promoted this year or next year.
* Earn back the workshop fee when you get your first Detective's paycheck.
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE and FEE
The Detective's Workshop will
contain four tests averaging 100 questions. Tests 1, 2, and 4 will be
administered at the Burbank Holiday Inn Media Center, 150 Angeleno Ave.,
Lower Level. Test 3 will be given over the Internet.
Participants will attend one of the two sessions held for each of the
pm TO 4:00 pm SESSION HAS BEEN ADDED
FOR THE FEBRUARY 4 AND FEBRUARY 24 TEST DATES. ATTEND WHICHEVER SESSION
WORKS FOR YOUR SCHEDULE. NO ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED.
Test 1: Wednesday, January 27, 8:00-11:00 am OR 6:00-9:00 pm
Test 2: Thursday, February 4, 8:00-11:00 am OR 6:00-9:00 PM
Test 3: E-mail Week of February 15
Test 4: Wednesday, February 24, 8:00-11:00 am OR 6:00-9:00 PM
FEE: The workshop fee is $379. The
fee for early registration (no later than January 25) is $349. You
may pay in full with registration or make a $100 deposit, and pay the
balance at the first class.
Feel free to write or call with any questions:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-322-6890
Check Here Soon for a 20-Question Sample Test
There is NO ONLINE REGISTRATION
Please call to register:
© 2000-2016 Allwrite-Testing
Denver, Colorado All rights reserved.