Preparation Workshop for
Lieutenant - 2018
Houston Police Department
WHAT WE DO IN THE WORKSHOP
* You will take four, original
and challenging tests averaging 100 questions. There will be two tests
in class, and two take-home tests that will be e-mailed to you.
* Each test will contain questions exclusively from the General Orders
and textbooks in the Official Book List announced for this exam.
* After you take each exam in class, an answer key will be provided with
the correct answer for each question and the exact section or page reference
in your study materials. For security reasons, practice tests will
be collected in class and distributed for you to keep at the end of the
* Tests will cover the relevant material in the Book List that is keyed
to the knowledge you need to have.
* We will provide a handout and discuss study techniques and test taking
* We will go over the tests in class and discuss why we wrote each question,
as well as content in the source material related to the test questions.
* Get regular feedback on the
progress of your studying.
* Identify your weaknesses before the official test.
* Find out what testing experts, with more than 30 years experience writing
police and fire exams, think you need to know.
* Read the source material with greater focus and see questions in the
material you didn't see before.
* Practice taking tests under realistic test conditions.
* We have been conducting test preparation workshops with Houston Firefighters
since 1997 and Houston Police Officers since 2005.
* One or two points can make the difference between being promoted
or not, or between being promoted this year or next year.
* Until you pass the written test, it has 100% of the weight.
* Earn back the workshop fee when you get your first Lieutenant's paycheck.
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE and FEE
The Lieutenant's Workshop will
contain four tests. Tests 1 and 3 will be administered at the International
Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, 1475 N Loop W Fwy., at Ella Blvd. Tests
2 and 4 will be e-mailed to you.
Participants will attend one of the two sessions held for each of
the on-site tests:
Test 1: Tuesday, October 2, 6:00-9:00 pm
OR: Wednesday, October 3, 8:00-11:00 am
Test 2: E-mail, Saturday, October 6.
Test 3: Thursday, October 11, 6:00-9:00 pm
OR: Friday, October 12, 8:00-11:00 am
Test 4: E-mail,
Wednesday, October 17.
workshop fee is $369. (The fee for early registration, no later than
Friday, September 28, is $339.) You can pay the full amount with VISA
or MasterCard with registration, or pay a $100 deposit with registration
and the balance due at the first class.
is NO ONLINE REGISTRATION
call with questions or to register
Here to Take a 20-Question Sample Test
© 2000-2018 Allwrite-Testing Denver, Colorado
All rights reserved. firstname.lastname@example.org