Preparation Workshop for
Captain - 2015
Houston Fire Department
be holding a Written Test Preparation Workshop for the Written Test for
on November 12 and 13
WHAT WE DO IN THE WORKSHOP
* You will take five original
and challenging tests. There will be three tests in class, and two take-home
tests that will be given via the Internet.
* Each test will contain questions exclusively from the source material
in the Official Book List announced for this exam.
* After you take each exam in class, an answer key will be provided with
the correct answer for each question and the exact section or page reference
in your study materials. Practice test questions will be collected in
class and distributed for you to keep at the end of the workshop.
*With the answer key and notes you take in class, you will research the
material you missed on the test.
* Tests will cover the relevant material in the Book List that focuses
on the knowledge you need to have. With all new textbooks, practice tests
with questions on less familiar material will be especially helpful.
* We will provide a handout and discuss study techniques and test taking
* We will go over the tests in class and discuss why we wrote each question,
as well as content in the source material related to the test questions.
* Get regular feedback on the
progress of your studying.
* Identify your weaknesses before the official test.
* Find out what testing experts, with more than 30 years experience, think
you need to know.
* Read the source material with greater focus and see questions in the
material you didn't see before.
* Practice taking tests under realistic test conditions.
* One or two points can make the difference between being promoted or
not, or between being promoted this year or next year.
* Unless you pass the Written Test it has 100% weight.
* Earn back the workshop fee when you get your first Captain's paycheck.
* ALLWRITE-TESTING has been conducting Test Preparation Workshops with
HFD personnel since 1997.
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE and FEE
The Captain's Workshop will
contain five tests averaging 100 questions. Test 1, 3 and Test 4 will
be administered at the International Brotherhood
of Electrical Workers, Local 716, at 1475 N. Loop W., and Tests
2 and 5 will be given via the Internet.
Participants will attend
one of the two sessions held for each of the following tests (we do NOT
need to know in advance which sessions you are attending):
Test 1: Thursday, November
12, 6:00-9:00 pm OR Friday, November 13, 8:00-11:00 am
Test 2: E-mail, Wednesday,
Test 3: Wednesday, December
9, 6:00-9:00 pm OR Thursday, December 10, 8:00-11:00 am
Test 4: Wednesday, December
16, 6:00-9:00 pm OR Thursday, December 17, 8:00-11:00 am
Test 5: E-mail, Tuesday,
workshop fee is $369. The fee for early registration (no later than
November 9) is $339. You may pay in full with registration or make
a $100 deposit, and pay the balance at the first class.
Feel free to write or call with any questions:
or 303-322-6890 or 800-664-8518
begins on Monday, October 19
There is NO ONLINE REGISTRATION
303-322-6890 or 800-664-8518
Here to Take A 20-Question Sample Test
© 2000-2015 Allwrite-Testing Denver, Colorado
All rights reserved. email@example.com